Support NATA 2014

TomaMotoTomaMoto

Main News Movies Games Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 7,934 Fans

Extraneous Extraneous

Rated 5 / 5 stars December 21, 2012

That was fuckin brilliant, man. A great combination of music and visuals. You never stop improving Xavier.

KartuneHustla responds:

Thank you man!

VO Home Studio : Space VO Home Studio : Space

Rated 5 / 5 stars February 18, 2012

Hey Dude,

Could you come to California and treat my walls... if ya know what I mean?

Love,

Tomar

RicePirate responds:

Oh, I know how to treat your walls... those dirty, dirty ... naughty walls. I know just how they like to be treated, alright.

Tootsie Roll Dysfunction Tootsie Roll Dysfunction

Rated 5 / 5 stars December 15, 2010

Sometimes I think you take it just a bit too far..

But hey, I laughed. Great job on this, guys. The execution really just worked for me. Really over the top, but really getting INTO CHARACTER. I can't imagine anyone else backing that up as Sh0T-DOwN did, and I think you two make a good team.

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Yeah, I decided to really be OVER THE TOP because I wanted to really express that that owl is absolutely FED UP with that kid. I did a chunk load of cursing and didn't even realize it. Most of the lines were actually improv. We do make a good team, and are planning on making more things in the future. I'm glad you liked my voice and his art! :D

Unknown. Unknown.

Rated 5 / 5 stars July 14, 2007

It's me, the GAME OVER guy

Now I'm hearing all this nasty talk about how the voice I chose for the "Game Over" is the lousiest most annoying thing you've ever heard. You probably hate it because it's smug and demeaning and raped your mom last night. Seriously, that's the point.

Apparently those complaining want to be rewarded for LOSING with a nice pleasant women saying "Game over, here's some milk and cookies. I'm still proud of you, you special little guy." Sorry, Charlie. I'm not your mommy.

Oh, and I thought the game was really fun. Great choice of songs and definitely a challenge. It's very amusing being insulted by myself every time I screw up. Best of luck to you with the competition!

Newgrounds Chat Newgrounds Chat

Rated 5 / 5 stars March 26, 2010

Damn

Man, Josh can really throw down, and such a charming fellow!

Voice Acting Competition -1- Voice Acting Competition -1-

Rated 1.5 / 5 stars February 20, 2009

Needs Improvement

It seems like the momentary high score has kinda gone to your head, so I wanted to give an honest review. I was gonna wait till the end of the contest, but being a judge, you're already disqualified anyway.

First off, I appreciate your energy. You are projecting and making some effort to get into your characters. All in all though, it's pretty hard to give this a very positive review for a number of reasons, first and foremost being the following:

-I have tried to listen to this four times now.
-Only on the fourth time did I actually finish it because the harshness of your voice is fairly grating on my senses. Perhaps your equipment is partially to blame, but those angry gruff voices don't really help.

Your pronunciation is often rushed and faltering, a strong indicator that you aren't taking the time to listen to yourself and correct your own mistakes. You seem proud that you made this in an hour, but that only supports the notion that you were a bit sloppy and careless with the whole thing.

It doesn't show much range, and although I saw you argue with a few reviews that said the very same thing, I have to agree with those few others. The voices all sound very similar with that harsh gruffness of yours. Distinguishing characters is possible, but it's hardly natural feeling. The first three characters (protagonist, friend and dad) all sound extremely similar and I could barely tell the difference at all between the main character and his friend aside from the flow of the conversation itself.

For mixing, try to take advantage of the stereo capabilities of your sound editor. Doing so could have even compensated for some of the issues caused by the lack of variation in your characters' voices.

I personally didn't find it very clever or entertaining, but certainly take some comfort in the fact that so many others did. Sorry to be so harsh, but 1) these are my honest opinions and 2) it seemed like you were getting unnecessarily big-headed about the whole "best of the week" and "best of all time" things in the audio portal. Those are score-based positions, and yet you try to direct people's attention away from the updated score at the same time as you are bragging.

Lots of people find this review helpful!
FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Thanks a lot for your help man, I really apreciate it. This wasnt actually meant to become so popular, which actually made it worse than it already is. I just made this for the hell of it and did not really try to make each charecter sound different, mix the final production, or pronounce each word clearly. I was actually trying to do a sort of improv sort of thing.

As for bragging, I mentioned it a couple of times but actually feel bad that I got #1 of the week and all time... because there were so many others hat deserved that more so than myself.

In other words, this is not my true colors, nor is that silly FattyMcpatty thing I do with my friend every month. This was just something I did on a boring saturday night and decided to submit to Newgrounds to see what people thought of the comedy style I choose. *crazy and random*

My actual VOICE ACTING comes from the movies that I act for. Most of them have not come out yet, but I am waiting for 4 or so to come out, which I think have some nice acting in them but can never tell since I do not have the gigantic experience I need to tell if my voice is good or not. Ill PM you when one of these comes out and THEN I can know if my voice acting is good or not.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS HELPFUL INFORMATION! You must understand this thing was more of a joke though, nothing serious. And it is more teenage humor so a great grizzly hunk of a man like you would not find any pleasure in a homeless man screaming the word SANDWHICH at the top of his lungs.

Beer Basted Oranges Beer Basted Oranges

Rated 5 / 5 stars May 15, 2008

Oh....

So this is what happened to those weird rants you had me record for you... =3

Scribbler responds:

Shut the fuck up. I do what I want with you. You are my property. You are the genie that lives in my lamp and comes out whenever I rub it. You do what I tell you and listen to everything I say. I like you.

nerdbayne_sailor-moon-red Sailor moon red

Rated 5 / 5 stars Jul 9, 2011

Oh no!

Watch out for Lucifer his Evil Alliance!

itschrislife_happy-b-day-cory Happy B-Day Cory!

Rated 0 / 5 stars Sep 11, 2010

Powerful!

The ambient blue glow sends chills down my spine. Genius.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

kartunehustla_mr-blue-sky Mr. Blue Sky

Rated 5 / 5 stars Sep 4, 2010

Xavier

I'd wear that shit on a t-shirt!

KartuneHustla responds: